Translate

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Chipboard Favourites

I hope this post finds you all well. Today I would like to show you some of my favourite pieces that involve the use of chipboard. It is such a versatile product and can be decorated in so many different ways.

Here I have used chipboard pieces from my stash to decorate a card and tag. I have coloured some dove chipboard pieces in addition to using the butterfly template (the area that is left from a piece of chipboard when your desired shape; in this case the butterflies, is pushed out). I have filled this area with modelling paste and used it to create texture on the background of the card.

For the tag I have used chipboard swirls and coloured these to match the colours on the tag image. I have also coloured a chipboard sentiment to include on the tag.


For my next project I have used chipboard pieces in conjunction with metal embellishments, paper flowers, beads and trinkets to create the silhouette of my daughter Holly. These were all covered in gesso before being coloured with inks and sprays.




For one of my more recent pieces I used the chipboard letters that spell out CHRISTMAS to decorate this wreath. I glued matching papers to each of the letters and then covered them in glossy accents to give them some shine.




My next piece will always be one of my favourites for sentimental reasons. When we got married last year our 3 children were heavily involved in the day with us. As our daughter was only just 2 at the time we wanted something special for her that she would be able to carry (and not too heavy). So I came up with the idea of a wand for our little flower girl. I handmade each of the flowers on the wand in colours to match our theming. The large flowers around the center were punched out of a sheet of chipboard. This was then soaked in water briefly, so that some of the layers could be separated. They were then dried and painted and had a hole placed in the center.


For this scrap booking challenge piece you were required to use embossing (either dry, wet or both). These chipboard pieces were perfect for highlighting some of the features on our wedding pictures. The bridge, ornate frame and letters were all coloured with ink first and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


This card has been made for my uncle who has his birthday next month. He loves being out on his boat so these chipboard pieces were perfect. I've cut the bow off a tug boat piece and painted it white, and attached it to the anchor piece which has been painted with perfect pearls. The pelican piece has been added to give the beach theme some more balance. Add a tag and 'Hey Presto'.



Now technically I did not do these pieces (although I did have to help out a bit), but I wanted to show these anyway. These are gifts that my boys gave to their teachers last year for Christmas. They are small 3D frames that the boys have added some personal touches to. They have used a chipboard heart frame, coloured it and decorated it with some paper flowers and chipboard butterflies. They also made the background image themselves with a stencil, modelling paste and spray inks.


Now I hope that this has inspired you in some way to create. 

Until next time,

Jodie.


No comments:

Post a Comment