Translate

Tuesday 17 February 2015

February's Stick It Down Card Challenge

With a new month comes a new lot of challenges over at Stick It Down for card makers and scrap bookers alike. Check it out for some inspiration or to join the challenge yourself. This is the sketch given for the card challenge for this month
 
Yes being February everything pretty much revolves around Valentine's Day. I guess I'm one of the lucky one's in that I have found my match in my husband. Then again, I've got a pretty special place in my heart for 2 more 'little men'. Let's face it every mother has a special place in their hearts for their kids. Anyway, my husband isn't exactly what one would call an overly romantic or incredibly metrosexual man, he's more of your manly man, if you get what I mean. So all things pink and red, and frilly really isn't his thing. So this is what I ended up coming up with.

 
It was made on some plain white cardstock, and the coloured cardstock were some off-cuts that I had in my stock (Kaiser Craft I think). The ribbon was some white velvet that I put drops of blue and green alcohol ink on to dye it. The stamps come from Kaiser Craft and were inked in Stazon ink, which was also used to enhance the edges of the cream cardstock.
 
 
I also sprinkled some very fine glitter over the front of the card in spots as you can see from the above picture. On the inside is a simple stamp from my collection.
 
 
Although Valentine's Day is the only major event in February for most, it's NOT in our household. We find that December and the first 3 months of the year are incredibly hectic here. From school holidays and Christmas to New Year's and then lots of birthdays, it is full on. I'm sure some of you out there in blog land know what I mean.
 
Until next time,
 
Happy Crafting.
 
Jodie.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment